Happy Fall! With the change of seasons, I always get in the mood to clean my house up and make small changes. I have long been wanting to add a bar area to my home. When my daughter said she no longer wanted her desk I knew it would be perfect for a Fall Bar Station!
See, Fall is here and this is the time to entertain, although we like to do it year round! I am very close with my family and friends who have turned into family. I love hosting my people at my house, rather we are sitting around talking and laughing or watching a movie, I love to have people over! This is my reason for getting my Fall Bar Station set up!
When setting up my Fall bar station I had some essentials I knew I wanted; a shaker and ice bucket, a decanter (because I want to feel fancy lol), pretty glasses, a wine rack and scents and decor to remind me of Fall. I decked my cart out in some great finds from At Home. That store is amazing, there is beautiful home decor in every direction! I literally have spent hours in there just looking around and seeing what I can find!
When styling my station I used the shelves to hold my glasses and bucket and placed all my accessories and alcohol on top. Also to add some interest I chose to use a variety of heights and textures such as wood, glass and metal. That's one thing you want to keep in mind if you are trying to create an interesting space.
So if you need some tips on how to set up a Fall bar station, here is what I suggest:
1. Get the essentials - You know what type of drinks you like, get items that center around those drinks. For example if you like margaritas, get glasses, shakers and garnish items that are used for that type of drink [I love these glasses and bucket I found at At Home]
2. Mix textures and height for interest - If you want to keep the eye's attention you have to mix elements. Unexpected element will always garner some extra attention. [This cutting board from at At Home add some texture and this wire basket from Target is great for the mix]
3. Group Items with tray - Use a tray to group items together. Another great thing you can use are bowls. This will give your bar station a polished look [This wine holder from At Home is adorable and I love this tray from Hobby Lobby]
4. Add Fall touch - Consider adding fall touch with scents, floral decor or accents.
5. Set up - Place your bar station in an area where you entertain alot. That way everything is easily accessible and your guest will have everything nearby
So there you have it! Will you be setting up a Fall bar station? If so do tell!
oh, and I did find my decanter, yeah we are fake fancy now lol. B says he feel like an old man sitting in an office (you know like in the movies) every time we pours from it. I wish you could see him walking around acting old. It's too funny!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider signing up for my newsletter on the top right of my blog sidebar. Also, don't forget to pin the image below to your Pinterest board so that you can easily locate it in the future.