8 Ways to Make a Child's Photo Shoot a Success12:00:00 AM
Looking for some tips on taking pictures of your little one? Check these out below!
1. Plan Ahead - As with any photo shoot, it cannot be last minute..however, with kids.. give yourself even more planning time. Plan the location, outfit, and how the day will go in general. Also don't forget to check the weather, being too hot or too cold is never a good thing!
2. Prep Your Child - Tell your child in advance about the plan. You don't want to just spring this onto your child. Tell them what they can expect to happen. This will put their nerves at ease and put them in the mindset of what to expect.
3. Make Sure Your Child is Well Rested - A good night's rest is VERY important when taking pictures. You want to make sure your child is bright eyed and bushy tailed, as they say. lol
4. Bring An Assistant - Having an assistant to help with straightening out clothes and general logistics between takes will make the day much easier. Bring with the child's parent or a trusted friend to help.
5. Bring Props - A prop is a good fall back when a child is feeling uncomfortable or unsure how to pose. Bring items such as balloons, confetti, or toys they may like.
6. Allow Personality to Show - This is a big one here, We always want to have the big smiles that we sometimes force the child to do. The best thing to do in my opinion is to capture all sides of a child, whether they are happy and smiling or somber in deep thought. Capture every angle of their personality!
7. Take Breaks - Don't forget to take breaks in between takes. Remember a child's attention span is not as long as an adult's, so give breaks when you see they are becoming anxious
8. Make It Fun - Kids are most at ease when they are having fun. Treat this day as an exciting adventure. Tell them jokes or play music in the background that they like. Let them be silly!