A little over two weeks ago, I called my mom and ask her if she wanted to come over for dinner. She of course said yes...but little did she know she would be doing the cooking! I admit, I didn't let her know my master plan when I called..but hey.. who doesn't like home cooked meal from their mom!
I already had planned what I wanted her to make.. SALMON PATTIES. I love her salmon patties! I can really eat them all day! So today I will be sharing how she makes them.
Here's what you need to make these yummy patties:
Can of Salmon
Chopped small onion
1 - 1 1/2 Cups Progressive Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
(Season to taste) Tony Chachere's Seasoning
Spoonful of Butter
Slices of Lemon
What to do:
1. Remove bones from salmon and drain. Place salmon in a bowl
2. In separate bowl lightly beat the eggs
3. Add lightly beat eggs, black pepper, garlic powder, tony chachere seasonings, bread crumbs and chopped onions to salmon (Tony Chachere is Cajun flavored and VERY salty so don't go crazy with it!)
4. Mix ingredients together with fork or by hand
5. Pack salmon together to form patties
6. Set stove to medium and add cooking oil and spoonful of butter
7. Add salmon patties for oil/butter and fry until golden brown
8. Flip patties and cook until golden brown.
9. Remove from oil and garnish with lemon slice and parsley flakes.
Ya'll these patties were so delish!!
Will you be trying this recipe? If so, please let me know how it turns out!
The Country Cook